How To Setup Printing to Sharp Copier on Mac
Step 1. To identify your OS version,
- Click on the apple icon
- Select about this mac
Step 2. You will need the IP address for the copier.
If your machine model is of the following MX-4141, MX-5141, MX-M365, MX-M465, MX-M565
1. Press the Home button
2. Press: the Settings icon on the touch panel
3. Press: System Settings
4. Press: List Print.
5. Press: All Custom Settings List
6. The IP address is on the first page, Software Status-Network Information-IPv4 Address.
Step 3. Download the driver from Sharp or use the one from the link that was provided.
From Chrome, Internet Explorer, or your browser Search "Sharp Driver" or copy the link below.
1. Under Product Category (select) MFPs
2. Under Product (select) Your equipment model
3. Under File Type (select) Drivers and Utilities
4. Click SEARCH
5. Choose Mac OS Driver version for your Mac OS. (Catalina 10.15 is at bottom of page)
6. Run downloaded file and extract printer driver.
Step 4. Set up the printer
1. Click on the apple icon
2. Select system preferences
3. Click on printers and scanners icon
4. Press plus sign (+)
5. Select IP
6. Enter the IP address of the MFP (Printer) from All Custom Settings List page.
7. Make sure the protocol is LPD
8. The computer will detect the driver / Change the Name of the Printer before you press add
10. Select the appropriate options included on the machine. Such as the number of paper trays and finisher.